Powertap G3 with FLO30 - Spokes?

FLO Product Support, FAQ, Cycling, Triathlon, Etc.

Powertap G3 with FLO30 - Spokes?

Postby cbr shadow » November 17th, 2017, 12:29 pm

I'm planning on putting a Powertap G3 into a FLO30 rim that I'll purchase through FLOcycling. Since I'll have the rim and the hub, I believe I'll just need spokes. Can someone tell me what specs I need to look for when buying spokes for this setup?

A friend of mine has a FLO60 wheelset and bought (24) extra spokes. Can I buy those off of him and use them for this setup?

Thanks!
Ryan
cbr shadow

Re: Powertap G3 with FLO30 - Spokes?

Postby Chris Thornham » November 17th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling:
FLO Blog: | Twitter: | Facebook:
Chris Thornham
Site Admin

Re: Powertap G3 with FLO30 - Spokes?

Postby SteveM » March 25th, 2018, 4:37 pm

If it helps, I had a wheel builder put a Flo60 into a Powertap G3. Works well, with two small caveats:

- I asked them to use the same bladed spokes as I got with the front Flo60 wheel. He said that this meant he couldn't run quite as high a tension as on the factory wheel

- the RD comes very close to the spokes when in the bottom gear, so careful limit screw adjustment is required. If you are more towards to Clydesdale end of the rider spectrum, consider getting a rim with more holes. I can flex the wheel enough to cause spoke / RD cage interaction, as evidenced by marks on the cage.

Final note, the rear rims have a not very obvious mark to show which side is intended to be the drive side.

Anyway I've now done about 5500kms and so far so good

Steve
SteveM

Return to General Discussion