Flo Rim Building Guide?

FLO Product Support, FAQ, Cycling, Triathlon, Etc.

Flo Rim Building Guide?

Postby naterv11 » November 29th, 2017, 9:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone was able to give me a recommended set up when building a new set of flo wheels? Im waiting on Flo 60 and 90's. Everything from hubs to spokes and spoke length for my set up would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Nathan
naterv11

Re: Flo Rim Building Guide?

Postby Chris Thornham » November 30th, 2017, 8:20 am

Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling:
FLO Blog: | Twitter: | Facebook:
Chris Thornham
Site Admin

Re: Flo Rim Building Guide?

Postby ft3sfty » December 22nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

I too have jumped on the Black Friday deal ($240 for a carbon rim shipped to California from WI) and purchased a Flo 45 rim. For the build I used black Sapim CX Ray spokes (268mm), 14mm alloy Sapim nipples with washers, and a DT Swiss 350 hub. DT Swiss has a good spoke calculator chart to figure out what size spokes you need. I'm running 3x cross for a front disc wheel (28 hole). Using Flo's recommendation in their service manual that can be found online, the disc side will be around 90-100 kgf tension and the non disc side much less to help with the wheel dish.

There are plenty of hubs out there to choose from and a friend of mine swears by 32 spokes. His theory is that they're much stronger and less likely to leave him stranded on a self supported double century. I personally like Shimano and Chris King hubs but settled for DT Swiss because of costs and it fit what I needed.
ft3sfty

Return to General Discussion