FLO DISC and 11-speed

FLO Product Support, FAQ, Cycling, Triathlon, Etc.

FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby michael_runs » December 20th, 2013, 8:19 am

I see from the online store that the 11-speed hub body is not compatible with the FLO DISC. I was considering upgrading to a bike with an 11-speed drivetrain. Is there any way to make my FLO DISC (purchased July 2013) work with a bike with 11-speed drivetrain (Ultegra or Dura Ace)?
michael_runs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 30th, 2012, 8:20 am

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby Chris Thornham » December 27th, 2013, 9:49 am

michael_runs,

We are still working on making the FLO DISC 11spd compatible. The new spacing of the freehub body has forced us to change our design. We are working on testing now and hope to have an solution in a couple of months. We are hoping that existing discs can be converted but we are not 100% sure at this point.

I hope that helps,
Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling: http://www.flocycling.com
FLO Blog: http://bit.ly/b3Zlpq | Twitter: http://bit.ly/bOQ08x | Facebook: http://bit.ly/d8KDhI
Chris Thornham
Site Admin
 
Posts: 584
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 3:35 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby michael_runs » December 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Chris Thornham wrote:michael_runs,

We are still working on making the FLO DISC 11spd compatible. The new spacing of the freehub body has forced us to change our design. We are working on testing now and hope to have an solution in a couple of months. We are hoping that existing discs can be converted but we are not 100% sure at this point.

I hope that helps,


Thanks. I suppose I could sell my existing FLO DISC and buy one of the new 11 speed ones when they become available. I know it's hard to say, but do you think you guys will have either a solution or the new 11spd DISC's available by April? My first race of the year is June and my A race of the year is September.
michael_runs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 30th, 2012, 8:20 am

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby Chris Thornham » December 27th, 2013, 10:31 pm

michael_runs,

At this point in time I simply do not have an answer. We are definitely working on it though.

Take care,
Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling: http://www.flocycling.com
FLO Blog: http://bit.ly/b3Zlpq | Twitter: http://bit.ly/bOQ08x | Facebook: http://bit.ly/d8KDhI
Chris Thornham
Site Admin
 
Posts: 584
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 3:35 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby LOW2000 » December 31st, 2013, 10:04 am

If you need any testers, I would be more than happy to help, i'm on the way from Vegas to the LSWT in SD. I have an 11sp 2014 Felt AR. Already using Flo 30 and Flo 90 sets. Also a 2009 Cervelo R3SL 11sp but I don't think that's really a concern for disc compatibility.

Maybe if there is time and budget available a trip to ERO Sports to use the Alphamantis system would be in the cards.
LOW2000
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 25th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby Chris Thornham » January 1st, 2014, 10:40 am

LOW2000 wrote:If you need any testers, I would be more than happy to help, i'm on the way from Vegas to the LSWT in SD. I have an 11sp 2014 Felt AR. Already using Flo 30 and Flo 90 sets. Also a 2009 Cervelo R3SL 11sp but I don't think that's really a concern for disc compatibility.

Maybe if there is time and budget available a trip to ERO Sports to use the Alphamantis system would be in the cards.


Thanks for the offer. We currently have all of the testers that we need. The 11 speed compatibility has to do with spacing and not aerodynamics.

Happy New Year,
Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling: http://www.flocycling.com
FLO Blog: http://bit.ly/b3Zlpq | Twitter: http://bit.ly/bOQ08x | Facebook: http://bit.ly/d8KDhI
Chris Thornham
Site Admin
 
Posts: 584
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 3:35 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby boki » January 20th, 2014, 6:54 am

Chris Thornham wrote:michael_runs,

At this point in time I simply do not have an answer. We are definitely working on it though.

Take care,


Chris,

Any news on 11 speed Shimano Flo Disc?

Thanks
boki
 
Posts: 2
Joined: January 19th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby Chris Thornham » January 20th, 2014, 9:28 am

Boki,

Right now there are no updates. I assure you we are working on it. We will certainly let people know when we have an update.

Take care,
Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling: http://www.flocycling.com
FLO Blog: http://bit.ly/b3Zlpq | Twitter: http://bit.ly/bOQ08x | Facebook: http://bit.ly/d8KDhI
Chris Thornham
Site Admin
 
Posts: 584
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 3:35 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby boki » January 21st, 2014, 4:10 pm

Thanks!
boki
 
Posts: 2
Joined: January 19th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Re: FLO DISC and 11-speed

Postby LOW2000 » January 22nd, 2014, 12:08 pm

So to be clear, the 20 discs in pre-order 10 are 10-speed discs, and not updated 11-sp discs correct?
LOW2000
 
Posts: 10
Joined: September 25th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris Thornham and 1 guest